- 2 bunches of fresh parsley (1 1/2 cup chopped, with stems discarded)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- I medium onion, finely chopped
- 6 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup bulghur, medium grade
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Romaine lettuce or grape leaves to line serving bowl (optional)
- Soak bulghur in cold water for 1 1/2 to 2 hours until soft.
- Squeeze out excess water from bulghur using hands or paper towel.
- Combine all ingredients, except for salt, pepper, lemon juice, and olive oil.
- Line serving bowl with grape leaves or romaine lettuce, and add salad.
- Sprinkle olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper on top.
- Serve immediately or chill in refrigerator for 2 hours before serving.