makes about 2 liters
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 cups ice water or sparkling water
- 4 cups pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 lemon, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch mint
- ice cubes
- Combine water and sugar in saucepan. Bring to boil until it reaches 200 degrees, about 10 minutes.
- Let sit at room temperature for at least 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients to syrup in a pitcher, adding more juice or water to taste. Serve with ice cubes, lemon slices and fresh mint.
- The color is a darker amber because of the raw sugar, if you use granulated sugar it will be a lighter golden color.
- After making the lemonade, let the mint sit in it for a few hours for a lovely mint infused flavor. No need to take the mint out, just serve as it is over ice.