A Simple Coconut Chutney Recipe
- 1 Cup Shredded Coconut
- 5 Dry Red Chiliess
- 3 Small Onions (Shallot)
- Ginger (Small Piece)
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Tsp Kashmiri Chili Powder (for colour)
- 2 Tbsp Tamarind Pulp
For The Tempering
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- 1 red chilli , broken into pieces
- 2 to 3 curry leaves (kadi patta)
- 1 tsp oil
- Put the coconut, red chillies, ginger, garlic, small onions, kashmiri red chili powder and salt in a blender with tamarind pulp and grind to make a fine paste. Keep aside.
- Prepare the tempering by heating the oil and adding the mustard seeds, red chilli and curry leaves and stirring till the mustard seeds crackle. Pour this tempering over the chutney and mix well.