- Black channa/Kabuli chickpeas- 1/2 cup
- Onion- 1/2 of a small one
- Coconut oil/cooking oil- 1 Tbsp
- Coconut Milk- 1/4 cup
- Turmeric Powder- 1/4 Tsp
- Coriander powder- 1 Tbsp
- Red chilli powder- 1 1/2 Tsp
- Garam Masala (optional)- 1/4 Tsp
- Mustard- 1/2 Tsp
- Curry leaves- 1 Sprig
- Red chillies- 2
- Shallots- 2-3
- Coconut oil- 2 Tsp
- Soak the channa overnight or for 8 hours.
- Pressure cook the soaked channa with enough water, salt and turmeric powder.
- Meanwhile saute the onion till it turns translucent and start turning golden brown color.
- To this mix in the criander, chilli powders and garam masala and saute till the raw smell leaves. Switch off the heat.
- When the channa is cooked , take a ladle full and grind it well.
- Add this to the channa with the onion mixture.
- Boil the mixture well.Cook it covered on low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and heat it.Switch off the heat.
- Do the normal seasoning and mix in to the curry.Enjoy