- oil, for cooking
- 1 lb chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup cornmeal (or more)
- 1 onion, sliced (optional)
- 1 gred bell pepper, cut into long and thin strips
- 2 carrots, cut into long and thin strips
- 2 cups snow peas
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Heat the wok until very hot, add 1 1/2 tablespoons of the oil and swirl it around to coat the side. Dip the chicken pieces into the egg white, then coat them in cornmeal. Stir fry over high heat for 4-5 minutes, or until the chicken is golden brown and just cooked. Remove from the wok and drain on paper towels.
- Reheat the wok, add 1 tablespoon of the oil and stir-fry the sliced onion over high heat for 3-4 minutes, or until slightly softened. Add the bell pepper and carrot, and cook tossing constantly, for 3-4 minutes, or until tender. Stir in the snow peas and cook for 2 minutes.
- Increase the heat, add the honey and toss the vegetables until well coated. Return the chicken to the wok and toss until it is heated through and is well coated in the honey. Remove from the heat and season well with salt and pepper. Serve immediately, sprinkled with the almonds.
- Serve with rice or chapati if desired.