- 1/2 kg fish (preferably king fish or pomfret)
- Onion – 1 medium
- Ginger & Garlic – 1 tablespoon each (crushed)
- Green chillies split lengthwise – 4
- Tomato – 1 medium
- Pepper powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Thin Coconut milk – 1 1/2 cup
- Thick Coconut milk – 1/2 cup
- Salt, oil & curry leaves – accordingly
- Pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Chilli powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Lemon juice – 1/2 teaspoon
- Marinate the fish pieces with pepper powder, turmeric powder, salt & lemon juice. Keep it for half an hour.
- Shallow fry the marinated fish for just 2-3 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add crushed ginger garlic & green chillies.
- Add chopped onions. Once the onion becomes soft add chopped tomato,turmeric powder,pepper powder and curry leaves and saute till the tomato goes soft.
- Add thin coconut milk and let it boil. Add the fried fish pieces and salt to this and boil for further 5 minutes.Add thick coconut milk and boil for another two minutes.