A mildly spiced up colourful and sizzling vegetable recipe
- 2 cup Mixed boiled vegetables (french beans,potatoes,green peas,and carrots)
- 1/2 cup chopped Capsicum
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup tomato puree
- 2 tsp minced ginger-garlic
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
- Lemon/Lime juice to taste
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add cumin and when it splutters add chopped onions and saute till light brown.
- Add Ginger and Garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add Tomato puree and cook until the oil separates.
- Add capsicum and cook for 2-3 minute.
- Add all the powders and boiled vegetables.Add salt, mix well and cook until veggies are tender but not mushy.
- Sprinkle a little water over the veggies occasionally to provide moisture so that the dry spices do not burn.Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle Lemon/Lime Juice and mix.Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with roti, chapati or naan.