For the batter
- Chicken, preferably boneless – 500 gm, cubed
- Corn Flour – 1 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Egg – 1
- Soya sauce – 1 tbsp
- Salt – as required
For the gravy
- Onion, diced – 1 medium
- Garlic, chopped – 1 tbsp
- Dried red chili – 2
- Green capsicum, diced – 1 medium
- Kashmiri chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chili sauce – 3 tbsp
- Soya Sauce – 1 tbsp
- Vinegar – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 1 pinch
- Chicken stock – 1.5 cup
- Corn Flour – 1 tbsp mixed in 1/2 cup water
- Vegetable oil – for deep frying
- Spring onion, chopped – 2 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- In a bowl mix together corn flour, egg, pepper powder, soy sauce, ginger garlic paste and salt.
- Deep fry the chicken pieces,at medium heat until they are golden brown.Drain and keep aside.
- Take another Pan, pour 2 tbsp of oil from the oil used for frying chicken.
- Saute garlic for half a minute.Add red chili and continue to saute.
- Then add onion, green capsicum and spring onion and saute for a few seconds.
- Add the chili powder, soya sauce and chili sauce,stir well.
Pour the chicken stock and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add vinegar and fried chicken pieces to it. Combine and cook for a few more minutes.Add a pinch of sugar and check for salt.
- Add the cornflour mixed in water little by little, till the sauce thickens.Adjust the gravy to your choice (simmer more time for thick gravy)
- Garnish with chopped spring onions.