- All purpose flour – 3/4 cup
- Baking powder – 3/4 tsp
- A pinch of salt
- Sugar – 2/3 cup
- Eggs – 3 large, at room temperature
- Vanilla extract – 2 tsp
- Unsalted butter – 100 gm
- Madeleine pan
- Melt the butter at low heat and then leave to cool.
- In a small bowl place the flour, baking powder and salt and whisk together.
- Beat the egg and sugar in another bowl about 5 minutes until the mixture has tripled in volume.
- Add the vanilla and sprinkle the flour on top of the egg batter and gently fold in with a rubber spatula, followed by melted butter.
- Keep the batter in the refrigerator for an hour and then leave at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 190 degrees C.
- Generously butter the Madeleine pans and dust the molds with flour and tap out the excess.
- Spoon the batter into the molds, filling each mold 2/3 -3/4 full.
- Bake the madeleines for 12 – 14 minutes.
- Cool on racks and dust with powdered sugar.