Parsley, a green and fresh herb is rich in almost all the significant nutrients including beta carotene, vitamin B12, folic acid, vitamin C, vitamin K, chlorophyll, fluorine, iron, calcium and all the essential fatty acids. Wow! What more do you need? You can find two types of parsley, the green mossy, tightly curled ones and the Italian parsley that is commonly seen resembling celery and cilantro with flat leaves divided deeply.
It tastes slightly salty, bitter or pungent you can call it as. Once you start including it into your diet you will certainly feel the different in bettering your health. Nutrients are just flushed into this green herb and there are great health benefits you can achieve by adding t into daily regime and here are a few of them:
- Aids in fighting against infections, fevers, cold and cough.
- Due to high folic acid and iron content, it prevents anemia and treats it.
- Proved to treat kidney problems and is well known for its diuretic properties.
- Greatly decreases any inflammation, put the menstrual cycle in order, increases digestion and also plays a vital role in reducing menstrual pain.
- Aids in stimulating immunity levels.
- Proved to treat liver diseases as it is known to purify blood.
- Prevents ageing and cardiac ailments and is best known to treat cancer as it is known to fight free radicals greatly.
- Helps in fighting hives and other allergy signs as it is inhibits the histamine secretions whenever allergy attacks are produced.
These are just a few of the great benefits of this nutrient dense green herb. You can find difference in your overall health condition on including it in your food everyday. Add it to your salads, lime juice, marination, sandwiches and even a little in your side dishes. Fresh parsley juice can also be consumed as it is a well known as an herbal health drink.
While consuming parsley you need to be careful so as to not exceed the usage as it can lead to kidney stone problems in those who are prone to it earlier. It must be not be used by pregnant ladies as it can lead to pre-term labor or even abortions. Taking parsley in the right amount will add to your well being, at the same time exceeding the limits can prove to be harmful and it differs from one person to another.
Use fresh parsley instead of the dried herb that you get in bottles as the latter tends to have lower nutritive value and flavour when compared to the former. To preserve parsley you have to make sure that it is not moist and for this you can cut off stem ends of fresh parsley and wash them after which it can be properly placed in paper towels and kept in fridge. You can take it as and when it you need from it and will remain the same for 1 to 2 weeks!