Fruits and Vegetable starting with W
- Watermelon is a summery fruit that contains a wealth of nutrients and compounds that offer health benefits.
- Watermelons are part of the squash and cucumber family, technically making them a vegetable.
- Despite their summer seasonality, you may be able to find watermelons year-round at many supermarkets.
- An uncut watermelon will keep for about two weeks without refrigerating. Once cut, keep watermelon covered and chilled.
- Watermelon is not only great on a hot summer day, this delectable thirst-quencher may also help quench the inflammation that contributes to conditions like asthma, atherosclerosis, diabetes, colon cancer, and arthritis.
- Sweet, juicy watermelon is actually packed with some of the most important antioxidants in nature. Watermelon is an excellent source of vitamin C and a very good source of vitamin A, notably through its concentration of beta-carotene.